Restore Default Search Engine In Google Chrome
Many people ask me how to restore Google as their default search engine.
Maybe you are one of those people who have installed something that changed their default search engine and now you don’t know how to restore it. I’m writing this guide to help you solving this, very common, problem.
How to restore Google Chrome default search engine:
- First you have to click the “wrench icon” located at the upper right corner of your browser
- Now go to “Options” (Preferences on Mac and Linux; Settings on a Chromebook)
- Open the “Basic” tab
- Click on the “Manage search engines” button
- Now remove the search engine you wouldn’t use just selecting it from the list and clicking the “x” that appears at the end of the row.
- Add a search engine: Scroll to the bottom of the dialog and fill out the following fields:
- Add a new search engine: Enter a nickname for the search engine.
- Keyword: Enter the text shortcut you want to use for the search engine. Use the keyword to do keyword searches.
- URL: Enter the web address for the search engine. Learn how to find this URL
- Edit a search engine: Select the search engine from the list and click the field you want to modify.
- Make a search engine default: Select the search engine you want to use as your default search engine and click the Make default button that appears in the row.
You have done! If you want to share your experience or if you found some problems following this guide drop us a comment and we will help you!